Friday 24 September 2010

Where was Plas Ingli?


I'm often asked where (in my mind) Plas Ingli was.  Of course, the location was inspired by the little ruin of Carningli Lodge, close to the point at which the Dolrannog Rpoad leaves the common and passes between bounding hedges.  But that would have been too low down and too far to the west for my purposes, so I shifted it over onto the common and went up a couple of hundred feet.  The image above is my original manipulated photo -- messed about with the help of a "poor man's Photoshop" called Photodeluxe.  I quite liked it -- it was very easy to use.  As you will see, some of the smudging is pretty crude, and the photo definition is poor.  But I'm quite fond of the image because it formed the basis of the first printing of "On Angel Mountain" -- which had the subtitle "A Pembrokeshire Tale."  Long since out of print, and very occasionally to be found on Ebay, no doubt with a price tag of  several thousand pounds.  Only joking......

One or two people were very offended with me for putting a large house in a place where it isn't, but all is fair in love, war and publishing.

No comments: