Wednesday 29 September 2010

A jolly Book Club evening



Last evening I was the guest at a lively session of the Manorbier Book Club.  Not in the castle -- in the parish hall.  Great fun -- about 20 people (book club members and some guests), concentrating on "On Angel Mountain" which most people had read.  The atmosphere was great -- drinks and nibbles, and flowers and candlelight!  That was the first readers group / book club evening I have done by candlelight, and it did indeed enhance the atmosphere!  So -- many thanks to Maggie and friends -- I much appreciated your warm welcome.

We had a couple of hours of quite intensive discussion, with no topic off limits.  That's the way I like it.

By the way, if any other similar group would like me to come along for a regular or "extra" meeting to discuss one or other (or all!) of the novels in the saga, please let me know.  I don't charge a fee, but always appreciate something towards travel costs.

No comments: