Thursday 9 August 2012

"Incredible book -- excellent author!"



Some nice reviews recently posted on the Amazon.UK web site:

Wonderful

I visited Newport a few weeks ago and came across this book whilst researching where to walk. Loved being able to relate to actual places where events took place and found Martha to be an engaging heroine - I am very much looking forward to the rest of the saga - and if you get the chance - visit Newport and Carningli!!!!

Wonderful, evocative book

I really loved this book. The writing is so evocative you could almost be in 16th century Wales. The characters were strong, the sense of place was very strong and I felt like I was really reading the diary of a living person. I felt that all the characters came alive off the page and that was down to the excellent writing. I could almost visualise the people and places which is, to me, evidence that a book has done it's job - to entertain and enthrall the reader. Well worth reading this book.

Incredible book, couldn't put it down

Incredible story set in Pembrokeshire West Wales, of the struggle, loves and lives of Martha and her family living on Angel Mountain near Newport. I can't wait to read the rest of the saga. I was desolate when I finished the book.  It sounds barmy but I missed everyone in it so much. Excellent Author!      

No comments: