Monday 9 January 2012

"Strange Affair" goes onto Kindle

 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strange-Affair-Ethiopian-Treasure-ebook/dp/B005SHXPWK/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=A3TVV12T0I6NSM

As an experiment, I have now put the children's book onto Kindle, in a format that I'm happy with.  I did try a few weeks ago, but for some reason there were lots of problems with formatting -- but I have now solved those mysteries and made corrections.  It will be interesting to see how we get on -- some people (relatively unknown authors) say they make over $100,000 per month from Kindle book sales -- and I suppose we have to believe them........

If you are observant, you will see that the typeface on the cover is different from the published paperback version -- this is because there is so much stress now on thumbnails that the text on the old version was breaking up to the point of becoming unreadable.

The other unfortunate thing about Kindle is that it uses a platform that's not very friendly as far as illustrations are concerned.  So I have had to omit Boz Groden's splendid pictures.  A pity.....

This is a steep learning curve.  Kindle and Ebooks are not going away, and we have to embrace the new technology in the hope that new markets will open up.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: