Sunday 27 November 2011

Jane Austen Centre in Bath

My wife and I have just had a very pleasant couple of days in Bath, doing all of the tourist things.  It was good to visit the Jane Austen Centre at last.  if truth be told, I was a bit disappointed by it -- it's beginning to look a bit seedy and old-fashioned, and could do with some more modern interpretive displays.  But the staff were very friendly, and there was plenty of useful info there -- and a nice little shop.  The high point of our visit was the visit to the tea room upstairs -- which is excellent.  My wife enjoyed Mr Darcy's toasted sandwich, and I enjoyed the obligatory cream tea, with an excellent scone and clotted cream washed down by a pot of Miss Austen's tea blend.  I liked it -- but it was a bit too earthy for Inger's taste........

No comments: