Thursday 6 November 2014

All systems go for Book Launch


All sorted, thanks largely to those fantastic people at Cambrian Printers in Aberystwyth.    The big print run of the book is being done in Bulgaria (not London, as I was led to believe by the printers) and through some inefficiency at their end the printing firm (which shall be nameless) had -- sort of -- forgotten the date on which delivery was supposed to have been done.  They had apparently forgotten that publication day was 5th November and that book launch day was planned for 9th November.  So I was confronted with a book launch minus the books -- and that would not have been very rewarding.........

Suddenly a quantity of books had to be rustled up from somewhere in 2 days flat.  On the offchance, knowing that they were good at short-run digital printing, I rang up Cambrian Printers first thing this morning and asked "Any chance......?"  Richard Jones immediately replied:  "Yes, we can do it.  Just get the camera-ready copy to us by lunch time, and you'll have the books tomorrow."

Now that's what I call customer service!  Round the clock printing.  So it's all done and dusted, and I'll have the books -- unless, that is, some Act of God occurs in the meantime.......

So if anybody ever says anything unpleasant about Cambrian Printers, I will get very angry with them.  As far as I am concerned, they are everything that a good printing company should be.  Long may they thrive!!

And as for the rest of the print run?  Well, the books on a pallet are on a large truck in Sofia, and will start a long journey across Europe tomorrow, arriving in precisely one week's time.  I suppose it could have been worse, if I had gone for a printing firm based in China...

No comments: