Saturday 3 August 2013

Reprint time again.....


Reprint time again -- this time for "On Angel Mountain."  Having done the sums, I reckon that this title has now sold 30,000 copies in all editions, excluding Kindle downloads and audiobook sales.  I suddenly realized that I was out of stock, and having reclaimed some stock from the Welsh Books Council warehouse in Aberystwyth, I have now sold out of that as well.  So the old favourite keeps on selling.  This will be the 7th printing.......

This is my first venture into short-run digital printing, and I'm using Cambrian Printers in Aberystwyth, who did an excellent job for me with "Ghostly Tales from Pembrokeshire."  Conventional offset printing is not really worthwhile unless you want 1,000 or 2,000 copies at least -- and in these straightend times, who can afford to hold stock at very high levels?  So with the short-run digital process I can go for smaller quantities of a few hundred, and still have a reasonable mark-up on copies sold to the trade.  Naturally enough, I do not want to increase the cover price.

Interesting experiment.  Watch this space.

No comments: