Monday 17 January 2011

Mountain in the Mist

Been up the mountain today -- for the first time since Christmas.  A bout of flu and its aftermath has made me a bit less active than I would like.  But I took a chance today, and it was delightful.  After 2 days of continuous rain and gale force winds, it was quite calm -- and the sun even tried to come out.  It was one of those magical days with mist coming and going, drifting along the valleys and hollows in streamers, melting away in the sunlight, coming back again and generally behaving in a manner that was quite unpredictable.  It wasn't sea mist rolling in from the coast -- this was condensation mist.  It rolled up over me as I was climbing up past Carningli Lodge -- and although the visibility did not close in completely, the change in moisture in the air was incredible.........

Anyway, I sat up on the summit among the streaming wet rocks and enjoyed a nice cup of cocoa, and pondered on my next book.

No comments: