Sunday 12 December 2010

A local legend



Been at the Newport Winter fair today, trying to sell some books and candles, with Inger and I taking it in turns to brave the cold.  Had a rather bizarre experience.  A lady whom I had not met before (and who didn't know who I was) told me about the Angel Mountain novels.  She said that a lady who lives in one of the farms on the side of Carningli told her that the chap that wrote the stories used to go up to the top of the mountain and stay there for hours, waiting for inspiration to come.  And then, one day, lo and behold, along came the inspiration for the novels, and the rest is history!!

Of course, the truth is rather more mundane than the legend, but it was strange to hear the story put in just those terms.......  I suppose that before long, as the story evolves, there will be angels and ravens in there as well.

No comments: